Thursday, June 21, 2012

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls

Amy S hosted an awesome book club last week! It was a pretty small group which is fun because you really get a chance to talk to everybody. I was the first to arrive with baby Shepard and he got to hang with the big boys for a while before everyone else got there.


It was me, Shep, AmyR, Courtney and Suzy. Amy prepared a delicious and nutritious spread of soup and salad. Most of us read the book. As a fan of Jeannette Walls' first book Glass Castle, I loved this one too. Lily Casey Smith made me feel like a lazy slug with all that work she had to do to finish her education and the grueling work on the ranch.

I think Ann is hosting the next one at the beach. We decided on two books for the next one - the sexy Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James and The Blue Zone by Dan Buettner.

No comments:

Post a Comment